According to a U.S. Chamber.com article, "Despite Coronavirus, it's a great time to start a business. Here's why" a recent survey from SCORE looked at the impact of Covid-19 on start-ups and found that although 43.9% of start-ups have a "wait & see" attitude about starting or continuing their business, 18.4% scaled up their plans & only 2.6% abandoned their business. All of which emphasizes the fact that are entrepreneurs are a self-sufficient and determined breed.
According to that same source, if you're thinking about starting your business, here are 3 reasons why now would be the time to do so:
1) Most of us have heard the saying, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade," but bestselling author & entrepreneur Matshona Dhliwayo says, "When life hands you dirt, plant seeds." When downtowns such as the pandemic hits, savvy business owners learn how to bootstrap to survive. With a tighter financing environment, startups need to bootstrap more than ever and here are some suggestions they suggested:
- Choosing a low-investment business to start
- Starting your business from home
- Buying used equipment
- Holding virtual meetings instead of traveling
- Using freelancers & independent contractors instead of hiring staff
- Focusing first on the easiest & fastest paying projects to build cash flow
There is much availability of talent for start-ups, as of June 9, 2020 when their article was written, as 43 million Americans have filed for unemployment & many are looking for jobs.
For more details & to apply: https://tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/entry-level-biologist-water-resources-scientist-22405
For more details & to apply: https://alaskaair.jobs/seattle-wa/campaign-manager/9FD0ADDF999946FF9D6AF65757624C05/job/?vs=10
Backend Engineer : Core Services, Algorithms, and Data Structures
Backend Engineer: Search Features & APIs
Front End / Solutions Engineer
Director of Sales
Enterprise Account Executive
Marketing Manager (Operations/Inbound)
SaaS Customer Success Manager
SaaS Customer Success Manager
SaaS Customer Success Manager (APAC)
SaaS Customer Success Manager (EMEA)
Senior Product Manager (Remote)
For more details & to apply: https://constructor.io/about/careers/
- Director of Communications & PR, FinTech (Greater Boston, 160K+)
- Director of Field Marketing, Internet/Tech (Boston, 130K+)
- Marketing Research Analyst (Remote, 80K)
- Sr Product Designer (Burlington, DOE)
- Principal Marketing Manager, Pharma (Milford, 190K+)
- B2B Paid Media Manager (Remote, 140K+)
- ABM Manager (Remote, 120K)
- Proposal Writer (Boston, 80K)
- Director, Growth Marketing (Cambridge, DOE)
- Project Manager, Agency (Boston/Remote, 110K)
- Communications & Content Creation Manager (Seacoast NH, 80K)
- Marketing Account Manager (Seacoast NH, 65K)
- Marketing & Events Manager (Manchester NH, 65K)
- UX Designer (Boston, 120K)
- B2C Paid & Social Media Manager (Boston, 100K)
- Marketing Specialist, Architecture (Boston, 85K)
- Sr Motion Graphics Designer (MA or Remote, 95K)
- Sr Visual Presentation Designer (MA or Remote, 95K)
- Visual Presentation Designer (MA or Remote, 85K)
- Project Manager (MA or Remote, 65K)
- Digital Producer, Agency (Remote, 80K)
- Marketing Research Analyst (North Shore, 120K)
- UX Designer (Remote, 120K)
- Marketing Specialist (Andover, 100K)
- Digital Marketing Media Manager (Andover, 150K)
- Marketing Data Analyst (Andover, 150K)
- Technical Content Writer (Andover, 120K)
For more details & to apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2671558111/?refId=VubS82cCRnquhgaI43tGmg%3D%3D
For more details & to apply: https://etumos.com/career/part-time-bookkeeper-contractor/
For more details & to apply: https://etumos.com/career/part-time-administrative-assistant-contractor/
Refer to the "We're hiring" banner on the table on the picture below for details & to apply. For any questions, you can message Jenny McPherson on LinkedIn her profile is: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenny-mcpherson-8929aaa/
Camp Hill, PA
Fort Bragg, CA
Interested in learning more about travel? Message Alyson McMillan on LinkedIn the link to her page is: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alysonmessegee/ or you can email her directly at: AMcMillan@JacksonPharmacy.com to learn more or see if this is the right fit for you.
We are hiring nurses, CMAs, CNAs and all around essential people wanting room to grow!
1. Family owned
2. Coast Fork Nursing Center is self expression friendly! (we are down with tattoos and colored hair)
3. We want to help you flourish so you get promoted within our financially stable company"
*IMPORTANT* - They show a lot of local positions at this website, you can search by miles & any distance, their website: https://prestigecare.hcshiring.com/jobs
For more details & to apply: https://www.remitly.com/us/en/careers/3113373?from=administrative&gh_jid=3113373
For more details & to apply: Cindy said on her post to message her on LinkedIn her link to her LinkedIn profile is: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cindyhollarteel/
Each test listed below can have an *optional* consulting session after reviewing your results & developing your questions & emailing to me PRIOR to our scheduled phone call & is available at a rate of $2 per minute plus a 4% + .15 debit/credit card processing fee. So, for example, if we consulted for 20 minutes, that'd be $40 with the debit/credit card processing fee it'd be $41.75. You would provide me your card information over the phone at the conclusion of our call similar to how you place a pizza order over the phone, I do not write down your card information just input it into my card processor account online.
Test #1: Should you start a business? This is a 25 question "Yes" or "No" test in which you select either "Yes" or "No" to each question & can be taken anywhere you have email & working internet access.
The test is $91.67 which includes sales tax that goes to Department of Revenue & includes the small debit/credit card processing fee so that I can net my actual fee.
The test is $100.82 which includes sales tax that goes to Department of Revenue & includes the small debit/credit card processing fee so that I can net my actual fee.
If you want to pay without a debit/credit card, non-card rate for test #1 would be $88 & non-card rate for test #2 would be $96.80 Please contact me ASAP if you want to pay this way to get my mailing address to snail mail a check, money order, or U.S. cash. Same conditions & terms apply so be sure to still click the "BUY NOW" button(s) above (depending on the test(s) you're interested in to read the terms & conditions). You can easily close out after reading & aren't forced to purchase or do anything else. Please keep in mind that snail mail can take a minimum of 3 business days (business days defined as Mon.-Sat. not counting any holidays that mail doesn't operate) even if you're in a surrounding city to Puyallup, WA.
Feel free to contact me for any questions you may have.
Career Coach/Business Marketing Consultant/Writer/Editor/LinkedIn Consultant
Work Solutions - "Providing career assistance, business marketing, writing, editing, and LinkedIn services for individuals and freelance opportunities."
“Independence is happiness.”—Susan B. Anthony